Acne is a problem that so many people all over the world have. It affects about 9 out of 10 teenage boys and girls. Most people are troubled by their acne. Worst cases of acne have caused many people to lose their self-esteem and confidence. A lot of people afflicted by this problem would travel long lengths just to find out how to get rid of acne. There are a lot of creams and ointments that claim to remove acne, but most of these products do not live up to their promises. How can you actually get rid of acne?
1. Get enough sleep. One of the worst effects of lack of sleep to your skin is acne. Lack of rest reduces your immunity and therefore makes you vulnerable to infection. Lack of sleep also raises your body's stress levels, thereby, causing your hormones to be thrown out of balance.
2. Eat right. People with bad eating habits are prone to various skin disorders like acne. The health of your skin is based on the overall health of your body. A healthy body equals healthy skin. The best way to stay healthy is to eat a balanced diet. However, skin experts believe that a diet rich in fresh fruits and vegetables is good for the skin.
3. Drink an adequate amount of water. If you have already been to a doctor or a dermatologist, then you should have already been told that 8 glasses of water a day is recommended. Enough water in your body helps in the better functioning of your systems. Sufficient water intake helps in proper elimination of waste and promotes better skin health. Well-hydrated skin allows easy shedding of dead skin cells, lowering chances of blocked pores, which later lead to acne.
4. Cleanse your face daily. Acne is usually due to oily skin and clogged pores. One solution is to remove facial oil, which attracts dirt, through proper washing. Dermatologists may recommend antibacterial facial wash products that remove oil and unclog pores. However, these strong products may have a drying effect on the skin. Your skin may respond to drying by pumping more oil, thus, helping in the formation of more blackheads and pimples. If this happens, change your facial wash. Or better yet, go to your dermatologist for proper guidance. Many people can do with warm water and a mild cleanser. Washing the face should be done twice a day. That's your acne free treatment tip.
5. Stop touching your skin. Your hands are the dirtiest parts of your body. They touch anything and catch bacteria easily. Touching your face introduces bacteria to your skin that bore the pores and may cause infection.
6. Run. Jog. Play basketball. Any form of exercise helps improve your blood circulation, allowing nutrients and oxygen to be distributed evenly throughout your body, including your skin. This is probably why you see that glow that comes after you hit the gym or run a mile. Exercise also releases stress-fighting chemicals in the body. The result will be healthier skin!
7. Know your skin. A lot of people buy medications or facial care products without understanding the type of skin they have. Acne products may be especially formulated for people with just oily, non-sensitive skin. If your skin is sensitive, make sure to get the right acne remedy, lest you would aggravate the acne problem.