Zumba craze is travelling all over the world, and it has become so popular nowadays... Zumba is the whole complex which combines several dance styles and aerobics. Zumba moves are taken from different dance styles, among them salsa, mambo, merengue, cha-cha, cambia, belly dance, samba, bhagra, tango, hip-hop, flamenco, and foxtrot. Aerobic activity is supported by specific rhythms of the music. Of course for such kind of activity you need proper shoes. So, if you are one of those who fell in love with Zumba fitness, and are looking for an advice on choosing Zumba shoes, keep reading.
Proper shoes are, may be, the most important part of your Zumba outfit. Not only would they help you do all the moves more correctly and burn those calories quicker, they also would protect you from the injuries during workout. There are many points you should consider when choosing your Zumba fitness shoes, and here are the main advice while choosing shoes for Zumba:
- Try not to use your running or gyms shoes. The thing is that they are designed for other activities and because of that they have a great deal of grip. Zumba requires a lot of sliding and spinning. Running and gym shoes would not only be uncomfortable, but also dangerous. You risk getting ankle and knee injuries, and also blisters.
- Pay attention to shock absorption and weight. Zumba shoes should be lightweight and highly shock absorbent. While there are many models of dancing or aerobics shoes which fill the first requirement, very few of them have good shock absorption, which could result in injuries if using them for Zumba.
- Pay attention to the sole. It should be completely flat and smooth, once again, to avoid injuries.
- Pay attention to how your feet fell in the shoes. Comfort and cushioning is very important. Remember, you are going to perform very intensive activity for almost an hour, so it's very important to feel comfortable.
- Don't save on Zumba shoes. Don't go for the cheapest option - it may not be what you need. Try the brands you trust, like Nike, Ryka, Bloch or Z-Sneakers.
- Choose mesh over synthetic leather - Zumba shoes should be highly breathable and able to trap the moisture for added comfort.
There are many proper shoes on the market, so do your research in different online stores.
Zumba is the biggest and the most successful dance fitness program in the world. So join the party!